1. Carefully inspect your pavement on a regular basis for cracks, fading pavement markings, and other signs of failure or liability issues.
2. Sealcoating a parking lot helps to slow pavement deterioration; for maximum benefit, asphalt should be sealed every 24-36 months.
3. Singular cracks that are between ¼-inch wide and 1-inch are good candidates for cracksealing Crack widening or “routing” is strongly suggested in truck areas, but not in cracks that have already been sealed.
4. Fixing “birdbaths” as soon as they appear will lessen the chance of water seeping through to the base and becoming a pothole.
5. Catch basin installation can be a possible solution for improper drainage on a parking lot.
6. All pre-existing problems such as cracking, low spots, poor drainage, and base or sub-base damage should be resolved before resurfacing pavement